Thursday, March 19, 2015

Side Effects

When I came-to, I was on the floor in the atrium at church surrounded by people. As my hearing slowly faded in, I heard a kid ask, "Did you die?" No, kid; I fainted.



I had been standing there next to my dad when I started feeling very dizzy. And then my vision started to go out, the edges of my sight blackening. I was somehow aware that I was about to pass out, and I think I communicated that to my dad, but I'm not sure. I just remember my vision going out, and then my hearing coming in.

I had been taking medicine for my migraines (before we knew they were my allergic reaction to dairy) and apparently the side effect was lowering blood pressure. Well, that it did.

*

There are some side effects that I'm glad about, though. Like the side effect of a relationship with God-- the side effect of God and I communicating regularly. See, that results in me becoming more like Christ, less dependent on me, and it changes me into a better person. A loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, gentle, faithful, and self-controlled person.

And, as side effects come, those are pretty good ones.

No comments: