Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Selfish Bird Feeding

Earlier this Spring, I bought birdseed and filled the little bird feeder by the window. I sat there, watching the many finches and cardinals come by for a meal. They hopped and chirruped, shaking their little winds and defending their portion of the seed. I sat there a long time, taking it all in.

The feeder started to look empty, and I decided I would fill it -- in the morning.

But the next morning I saw that it had snowed and I didn't much feel like lacing up snow boots and lugging the ladder and a bag of seed out, especially when I was already crunched for time. So, I didn't.

Eventually, I did fill the feeder again. Only, I waited until it was a weekend and I knew I'd have time to sit and watch them.

Goodness, I'm glad God is a better caretaker than I.

No comments: